Thursday, October 15, 2015

The Artistry of God

Wow.  Just plan old wow! I can’t even step out the door of my house without being immersed in the color of the fall season.  I love it.  The tree out my front door is turning a beautiful color of yellow and is just gorgeous.  I love the fall season.  The smell of the leaves in the air, the wood heater burning, the chill in the morning, hot cider with cinnamon at the orchard where my daughter works, it’s just invigorating!

I always knew people that would drive “up north” to do a color tour and I always wondered what the big deal was.  Trees turn colors all over Michigan.  Now that I live here, I get it.   The rolling hills and abundance of trees have colors that are like no other.  It is truly a masterpiece of God.  Each tree has slightly a different color and as you look over the hills and valleys and see the blending of those colors, it just takes your breath away.  It almost looks fake it’s so amazing.  Every time I drive I just look around in awe and wonder.  How can it continue to be so beautiful?  There are days that I drive and then quickly pull to the side of the road for a picture, only to go just a little bit ahead for another picture.  It sure makes it hard to get home in a timely manner.  I’m sure you have seen the abundance of fall photos on my Facebook page.


You know God could have just kept those trees the same color all of the time but he chose, for us, to show us more of his creation and majesty.  I think that sometimes we just need to be reminded of just how amazing God is—I believe fall is that little reminder boost that we need.  I love how he chooses to literally surround us with this beauty.  Do you see it?  These few weeks of fall it just hits us in the face but what about year round?  I just want to encourage you today to find the beauty all around you no matter what season it is. 

No comments:

Post a Comment